FoM18: 5 things you need to know
It’s one thing to change your marketing strategy from being driven by anecdotes to being backed up by data. It’s an entirely different thing to drown your decision-makers in data points, bar charts and engagement rates (Oh my!). They might as well be reading hieroglyphics.
Everyone loves a bar chart
Without proper storytelling, these data points are useless. An insight-informed strategy will ensure that you’re able to prove actual business outcomes, and not just output. There’s a huge difference between counting clippings and coverage, and tracking which pieces have delivered business leads. Insights help you to weed out meaningless facts and figures that add nothing to your approach.
How do you even get started trawling through the proverbial haystack of data? What’s the one, sharp insight that will make your brand more relevant and help you outshine your competitors?
If numbers aren’t your jam, give us a call.
We’ve built a global Analytics and Insights team who’ve mastered the art of making your numbers matter. We’ve also invested heavily in analytics tools that all of our teams, from PR to content, use to inform their recommendations to clients.
Stop trying to make “connected cars” happen
Did you know that auto brands in Hong Kong that describe their cars as “autonomous” instead of “connected” receive over 20 times more engagement? We do.
Not only are we able to analyze which keywords get more traction, we can also:
- Understand which journalist, article, or post is getting the most engagement
- Flag topics that are about to “spike” in engagement
- Know how the media is talking about events your clients attend, and how audiences are reacting on each social platform
- Learn which media outlets get the most play around certain topics
Once more with feeling
Sentiment analysis is a powerful tool for shedding light on how your target audience sees your brand (and your competitors). With it we can:
- Find the most popular positive and negative sentiments that your target audience has about your brand or product,
- Sense-check the way you talk about your brand,
- Identify which keywords garner the most positive sentiment from your target audience
Want to learn more? Drop us a line graph.