Mindfulness in the workplace
Mentoring is important to us at Text100. Developing the next generation of communications professionals is something we take very seriously – and that commitment starts at the very top.
Text100 is proud to announce that our CEO Aedhmar Hynes will be presented with the Agency Award by The Plank Center at its Milestones in Mentoring Awards Banquet. The gala event is tonight, November 10, at the Union League Club of Chicago.
The Agency Award is given to those professionals who have been outstanding mentors in an agency. Established in 2010, the Milestones in Mentoring Awards seek to honor those who lead by example, serving as role models through two-way communication and exemplary behaviors.
“It’s an honor to be selected for this award as I have always had a passion for guiding and developing people, be it within our own agency, within our client base, or indeed as a mom of four children,” said Aedhmar when she learned of the honor earlier this year. “For me, it all comes down to having confidence in your own ability and believing your potential is limitless.”
As CEO, Aedhmar plays a key role in cultivating the skills of Text100 staff. She has championed Text100’s strategy of recruiting, retaining, and rewarding “T-shaped individuals” – those with deep expertise in one area and broad capabilities in many others. This commitment to mentoring and skill development is part of what makes our employees “wired differently.”
Aedhmar was previously named the one of 2016’s top 50 most influential people in PR in PRWeek’s Power List 2016 and was honored with the 2016 Distinguished Service Award by the Arthur W. Page Society.
Honorees from the 2016 Milestones in Mentoring Awards include:
- Legacy: Ginger Hardage, senior vice president emeritus, culture & communications, Southwest Airlines Co.
- Executive: Dr. Stuart R. Bell, president, The University of Alabama
- Corporate: Joe Evangelisti, chief communications officer, worldwide corporate communications & media relations, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Agency: Aedhmar Hynes, chief executive officer, Text100 Global Communications
- Educator: Dr. Linda Hon, professor, The University of Florida
- Young Professional: Jesse Salazar, vice president, communications, Council of Foundations
- Betsy Plank Mentorship Award: Ralph Campagna, executive director, Off the Street Club in Chicago
We congratulate Aedhmar and all the other award winners!