We are Text100. We are a true global team and share a passion for storytelling. Our mission is to help brands shape an authentic narrative that reflects their values and engages audiences. We’re not for the faint-hearted but if you’re prepared to be bold and take risks, the rewards are limitless.
Text100 has a uniquely connected culture built on the idea of operating as one team around the world, unified by a shared set of values and common goals. It’s through this collaborative partnership based on trust and confidence between our people and our clients that allows for a global flow of creative ideas executed seamlessly and consistently in every market. We believe work and play are not mutually exclusive. We build lasting friendships at work and take time to give back to our local communities.
We are looking for a motivated and organized Human Resources Intern. The HR Intern will directly assist the North America HR team with a wide range of projects related to recruiting, induction/onboarding, payroll and benefits, compliance practices and reporting, and data management. The internship will be focused on practical, hands-on experiences to develop a greater understanding of HR practices within a global communications agency. The intern will gain direct experience of the role that HR plays at Text100, and be better prepared to work in the arena of Human Resources in a variety of industries. The intern will have opportunities to work with consulting staff, finance, IT, and operations teams across the North American regional offices. This is a paid internship expected to last 6 months with possibility to extend.
- Support recruiting process by posting open positions to careers site and coordinating interviews.
- Draft independent contractor agreements, route for approval, collect signatures and tax forms. Route final agreements to finance.
- Collect all new hire paperwork including I-9 verifications.
- Create new employee files and maintain accurate records.
- Pull payroll changes data from Controllers drive to summarize all payroll changes for the bi-weekly payroll processing and route to HR Assistant for audit. Route to payroll for bi-weekly payroll.
- Participate in benefits administration to learn about employee benefits management issues as related to open enrollment, benefits enrollment and termination, troubleshooting employee benefit issues and overall benefits oversight.
- Maintain compliance by collecting Induction Confirmation forms, as well as Notice & Acknowledgement of Pay Rate and Payday forms from CA and NY employees upon hire and from NY employees following changes in pay rate.
- Assist HR team with various research projects and special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
- Availability to work on-site full-time for a minimum of 6 months.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Strong people skills with the ability to work comfortably and pleasantly with a variety of people.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Aptitude to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and provide regular updates and progress on tasks and projects to team and individuals.