Today marks the third annual Community Manager Appreciation Day since Jeremiah Owyang first coined it as the fourth Monday of January back in 2010.
In celebration, we wanted to share the video below. We sat down with our community manager, Amber Rinehard, just before the new year to get her thoughts on how the community manager role evolved in 2011, what she sees for the future and what she considers the three most important qualities in a successful community manager.
Are you celebrating #CMAD today? Want to learn more about community management and how it can help your business? Reach out to Amber via Twitter @omgitsamr or LinkedIn, and check out the other #CMAD and community management resources below!
- ReadWriteWeb - Community Manager Appreciation Day 2012
- Join the Google Hangout, 12 p.m. CST, “Community Management 3.0“
- MediaBistro – 9 Ways to Celebrate Community Manager Appreciation Day
- UserVoice blog, Community Manager Appreciation Day Cards
- Social Fresh – The 2012 Community Manager Report [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Root Report, “Dear Community Manager…“
- Jeremiah Owyang – A Worldwide Salute to Community Managers
- Radian6 blog – Community Managers are the Heart and Soul of Enterprise Social Media