As the Administrative Officer in Text100, you will be responsible for the effective day-to-day administration support of the Hong Kong office as well as providing some finance & HR support for Hong Kong staff by working closely with the Finance Manager and HR manager. The Administrative Officer reports to Principal Consultant.
The people who succeed at Text100 are self-motivated, ambitious and eager to think outside of the box. Your passion for continual learning, genuine communications and a great sense of humour will get you far.
- Provide daily administration support to Hong Kong office, act like the first point of contact for clients and visitors
- (including the pantry, lift lobby and restrooms) to ensure areas are neat, clean, and “client ready”; pick up and straighten as necessary and rally the office when needed to address areas requiring attention
- Manage the calendars for Managing Consultant, Hong Kong and when necessary for Principal Consultants in order to arrange internal and external meetings in a timely and professional manner
- Arrange timely maintenance of office equipment and fix equipment failures with internal or external parties
- Handle admin expense and purchase office supplies, arrange business card printing, book couriers, conference calls, internal travel, and taxis when requested, etc.
- Help check employees’ expense claims to make sure the numbers are correct and the receipts are clear
- Track newspaper and magazine subscription expiration dates & proactively renew subscriptions
- Maintain centralized, accessible, contact information for all facilities vendors and other service providers
- Train new hires on all office equipment and the phone system; arrange work stations for new hires and ensure an operating network connection and phone
- Act as the primary communications interface between the property management company, external vendors, finance, IT and employees for minor office renovations required such as painting, repairs, small construction projects, etc.
- Arrange and maintain preferred vendor contacts with hotels, car services, travel agents and other travel providers. Provide this information to visitors to assist with their travel arrangements. Make travel arrangements on behalf of visitors as requested
- Research venues, transportation, accommodations and menus for external meetings based on overall meeting requirements; facilitate communications between the venue and all participants to ensure a successful meeting experience
- Change the security code when employees leave Text 100
- Facilitate the office move in March 2018
- Other admin projects as required
Finance & HR
- Support Finance Manager to prepare cheques and post documents
- Prepare induction package and facilitate the start for the new joiner; complete an office orientation for all new hires including an office tour and staff introductions
- In charge of staff appreciation program and team building activities, e.g. anniversary & birthday celebrations, Christmas party, off-sites and company events, etc.
- BA or equivalent with one to three years of administrative support experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, lively environment
- Ability to deal with demanding people and demonstrate a strong service ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exhibit excellent judgment
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and efficient
- Enthusiasm to learn and self-motivated
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- 2 duvet days/year (unscheduled absence when you just want play or sleep all day!)
- Highly competitive salary