We are Text100. We are a true global team and share a passion for storytelling. Our mission is to help brands shape an authentic narrative that reflects their values and engages audiences. We’re not for the faint-hearted but if you’re prepared to be bold and take risks, the rewards are limitless.
Text100 has a uniquely connected culture built on the idea of operating as one team around the world, unified by a shared set of values and common goals. We believe work and play are not mutually exclusive. We build lasting friendships at work, and take time to give back to our local communities.
Text100 is seeking a Senior Producer to work on-site with our growing content team in the San Francisco office. In this role, you’ll have a chance to do everything involved in producing brilliant video content for our clients and make stories come to life. And have fun doing it. This is a full-time position and reports to the VP/Executive Producer in New York.
You are a social being. And social video oozes from your pores. You see things that are in perpetual motion. Video. Graphics. Text. When you surf the internet, you are equally entertained by a snap from a 12-year old as by a huge branded video.
Watching unscripted (ok… let’s be honest and call it reality) TV is a badge of honor, yet the latest Oscar documentary touches you as well. You can edit. You don’t have to be Thelma Shoonmaker or Walter Murch, but you’ve been editing videos since middle school.
You’ve been on set to know that the editing process starts well before the camera gets to speed. You love to produce and direct a shoot. In fact, you want to do more. You know how to draw out the story of a dud of a subject. Make regular folks feel comfortable in front of the camera. And suck up to the occasional celebrity or C-suite exec.
You recognize a good shot from a bad one and can give direction on how to achieve the latter. You have fun with numbers (or at least pretend to). You’ve built a budget or two and treat the money in it as if it were your own.
Ability to design graphic art such as titles or build a complex and layered sizzle reel is a plus. You are never satisfied with your work but know that sometimes great enough is what’s needed. There isn’t an ounce of “precious creative” in you because you are all about working collaboratively to get to the best creative possible. In short, you’re a production geek, and not only are you ok with that, but you wouldn’t have it any other way.
- On set production direction and video editing
- Oversee projects from inception to completion including producing and writing copy.
- Provide occasional on-set and on-location direction for video shoots
- Ability to work across multiple platforms including video, web, print and social
- Provide creative direction for clients including visual assets, image selection, and font style to follow established brand guidelines with accuracy
- Raise the bar creatively by educating staff and clients on the elements of quality video production
- Stay up-to-speed on video, design and editing trends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the demands and directions of the work are constantly changing
- Able to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with outside production partners
- Collaborates with art directors, copywriters and account teams to bring ideas to life.
- Superior administrative and project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects.
- BS/BA/BFA or advanced Degree (Multimedia, Advertising, Marketing or Fine Arts concentration preferred)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a producer and/or editor producing for TV, Film, commercial or VFX production companies or similar role at an agency.
- Expert knowledge of Premiere.
- Familiarity with motion graphics software such as After Effects or Motion
- Familiarity with photo retouching software such as Illustrator or Photoshop
- Proficiency with various video cameras and video capture, video codecs and conversion software
- Proficiency with film and video shoots, both on location and in studio
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to staying on top of leading edge motion graphics design, video editing & social video trends.
- Knowledge of paid distribution and support a plus
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of Tech industry a plus
- 4 weeks of vacation (5 weeks after one year)
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 duvet days/year (unscheduled absence when you just want play or sleep all day!)
- Highly competitive salary
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Domestic partner benefits
- 401k Plan, Company Match, Immediate Vesting
- Annual bonus package
- International opportunity
The people who succeed at Text100 are self-motivated, ambitious, and eager to think outside the box. Your passion for continual learning, genuine communications, and great sense of humor will get you far. Text100 is a global integrated communications agency with 600 consultants serving over 250 clients in 23 markets worldwide. We help our clients understand what matters to their audiences and create integrated stories to participate in conversations that inspire action and advocacy. We use our I.D.E.A. consulting process to develop audience-focused campaigns that are insightful, creative and impactful and focus on digital environments as well as traditional media and influencers. We work with many of the world’s elite brands and industry pioneers in technology, telecommunications, healthcare, travel and tourism, automotive and energy all of whom engage Text100 to think differently and to be innovative in today’s fast moving communications world. Our client roster includes Adobe, British Airways, Cisco, Dropbox, IBM, Lenovo, MTV, Vodafone and Xerox.